Monday, July 5, 2010

Bombay Chicken




Yes, it's just chicken but it's highly tasty chicken! 

So I've been loving the creamy marinades for chicken.  This one using yogurt and a whole bunch of delicious spices!  This was very flavorful but not too spicy.  We all loved it! 

You could use plain yogurt as well, we just always have vanilla light and fit on hand, we buy it in the huge tubs so I just use that for everything. 


Bombay Chicken

1 cup vanilla light yogurt (l use light and fit)
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. all spice
4 - 6 oz. chicken breasts

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine everything, add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat.  Refrigerate several hours or overnight.  Grill chicken, covered until done. 

Total calories = 850 calories
4 servings = 213 calories

Bombay Chicken + small baked potato w/ sour cream + 1/2 cup corn = 427 calorie dinner

Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

20 comments:

  1. This looks so flavorable! I will be giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yogurt definitely makes for an awesome chicken marinade! It keeps it so moist. Love the spices on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a nice chicken recipe..never used vanilla yogurt with chicken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this does sound tasty! Love all that spice =) Thanks for bringing it to Two for Tuesdays this week! I bet it'd be good w/ a little yogurt on the side for dipping, too...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love the mix of spices in this. I tried yogurt on my chicken once and fell in love. It really does make a nice marinade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try this! I use my homemade yogurt in everything. Debbi, you should really try to make your own yogurt! Especially if your family eats a lot of it. It is so easy and can definitely save you some money. Try the method I use and I promise you won't be disappointed. :) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds good. We love lots of flavor and spices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious Debbi!!! I love chili powder/paprika on chicken. I bet this is fabulous! I love that you include calories too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yogurt-marinated chicken is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I was like "vanilla yogurt??" but then saw all the spices so it must be a sweet/heat marinade - in any event, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good, looks simple. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great contribution to 2 for Tues. Love all of the spices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM!! Looks delicious!! I am adding yogart to my list and make this soon!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definitely going to try this one. We love spicy foods (even though you said it wasn't too spicy). Now I just need to remember to head over to Jasey's place and vote for you on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, yum, yum... another one I am going to have to try.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks great! I have never used yogurt in a marinade before. Looks like its time to try! Thanks for joining Tuesday Tastes, People's Choice Award polls open at noon. Come vote for your favorite recipe!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/07/tuesday-tastes-party-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Healthy and flavorful! Nice work Debbi!

    ReplyDelete