Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Banana Cream Amish Friendship Bread



I've been excited about making this bread.  I've been WAITING to have just the right squishy banana to make this.

My kids eat tons of bananas. They are seriously monkeys.  So for a banana to actually stay here long enough for me to make bread with, is a rare thing.  So I hid the last banana in the frig until I was ready to make this bread.  

I actually wish I had reserved 2 bananas but it was fine with the one. It was delicious!!  I thought about making some peanut butter icing and going Elvis with the bread but decided against it.

I also made another change. I cut the oil down from one cup to 1/2 cup. I am going to continue to do this.  I might add some applesauce to future recipes but with the moisture of the banana, I didn't this time. It tasted wonderful!!

Don't forget to enter my CSN $40 giveaway!  Thanks!

I linked this up with Works For Me Wednesday over at We are THAT Family. I LIKE having the starter on my counter. I actually like making a dessert every 10 days.  I don't make a whole lot of desserts and this is a nice treat for the family and I am able to give people a loaf of the bread/cake to share.  Works for me!








Check out my other Amish Bread creations:

Week 1 - Cinnamon Bread
Week 2 - Almond Joy
Week 3 - White Chocolate Almond Craisin
Week 4 - Pistachio Pineapple Coconut
Week 5 - Butterscotch Chocolate
Week 6 - Lemon Raspberry or Blueberry

Banana Cream Amish Bread

About a cup of starter
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
2 small boxes banana cream pudding
1 banana, mashed

Spray 2 - 8 x 8 pans with cooking spray.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour evenly into the 2 pans.  Bake 1 hour at 325. 





Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

10 comments:

  1. Looks good, but you either forgot to add your calorie count or you don't want us to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! And I know what you mean...we go through bananas fast in our house too. Have you ever tried making banana bread with bananas that have been frozen. I have a ton in my freezer. I'll have to research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative with your Amish breads! I have some bananas that need to be used up - maybe I'll make a version of this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Amish breads are the best! I'm not a big fan of bananas but I could really go for this bread! No calories? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had some of this to go with my coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! i remember making amish friendship bread...i always just made the cinnamon though. i love the idea of adding bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me wish I has some starter!! YUM!! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious. I'm sure your kids loved it - especially with all those bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good! I'm a new follower via Hon, What's for Dinner?

    If you get a chance, hop on over and ck out mine:

    http://theintertwinedlife.blogspot.com/2010/07/raspberry-chipotle-chicken-bacon.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is right up my alley with banana in it! Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete