Monday, June 28, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Cherry, Strawberry and Kiwi Reduction






I saw this recipe several weeks ago from Patricia from Butter Yum. I fell instantly in love. She used Black Cherry and Raspberry in her sauce. 
I love trying new glazes and sauces for things like pork or chicken. I had a pork loin in my freezer just waiting for this.




One thing I liked about this was that it didn't require me to marinate the meat.  I did sear the pork loin before chucking it in the oven but that was simple enough. 

The glaze was simple enough to make.  I found this big jar of preserves at Costco. My friend recommended it and I couldn't wait to try it.  It was perfect with the pork loin. 


This was a chunky jam with cherries in it so the sauce was chunky which I like. If you used more of a spread, the sauce wouldn't be chunky.  If it wasn't for the chunks, I seriously could have drank this with a straw. It was fantastic!

Any flavor combination would work.  But if you go to Costco and see this jam.  Buy it, I totally recommend it. 

 



Pork with Cherry, Strawberry and Kiwi Reduction
Adapted from Butter Yum

1 pork tenderloin, about 1.25 - 1.5 lbs.
Salt and pepper

Sauce:
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
1 - 2 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup fruit preserves (use whatever you'd like)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. Splenda (or sugar)

Trim any fat from the pork.  Season with salt and pepper.  Heat a pan until super hot and sear all sides until it is nice and brown.  Transfer roast into oven and cook per directions on the package. Mine cooked for about 40 minutes until the inside is 160 degrees.  Remove the pan from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes. 

To make the sauce, use the same pan that you seared the pork and deglaze the pan by adding the vinegar and chicken stock, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.  Add the minced garlic and preserves. Whisk to combine, bring the mixture to a boil and reduce by about half.  Remove from heat and whisk in the butter. Slice the pork and serve with sauce. 

Total calories = 1628 calories for pork and sauce
4 servings = 407 calories per serving

Pork with Jam Sauce + Broccoli with Caramelized Onions = 521 calorie dinner



Calories calculated from calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate and rounded.

24 comments:

  1. yum! i think the reduction can also be a good dressing to the salad,just make it into a vinaigrette.... great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!

    I have two awards for you, so stop by when you have a chance and pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things I can do with that sauce recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, I love the combination of flavors in that jam! Looks even better as a sauce! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely be drinking that sauce with a straw! Great idea to pair it with pork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pork tenderloin! My family will love this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, pork is so lean and the dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely meal> The sauce sounds superb. I love pork tenderloin and have it often. I'll have to try it with your sauce. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sauce turned out really good Debbi! Wish my husband liked sweet with meat - I may just have to make this sauce for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one Debbi! I love that kind of flavor profile!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Sounds like a really satisfying dinner. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks delicious! I love, love cherries so must try this. I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer waiting for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had a costco by me. I have never seen this fruit combo before and I am dying to give it a try. I would probably just eat it out of the jar. All we have are the ordinary flavors. I really want to try this. I made a pork loin with cranberry sauce just like this but my memory card messed up and I lost my pictures :o(

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pork looks wonderful, Debbi, but it's the sauce that caught my attention! My next trip to Cosco is coming next week, so I'll look for that cherry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum!!! I wish I had a Costco. We only have Sam's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my pork is my favorite so I'm definitely going to try this!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great sauce recipe! thanks debbie-i could see it being used on chicken too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds great! Thanks for stopping over...and def try the choc-strawberry angel food cake sometime...it's delish AND fate-free. How awesome is that? Almost as awesome as your tenderloin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! I love pork with a fruit sauce, and this is such a great one with such a great combination of flavors :) Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds incredible. I love pork and fruit and how versatile the sauce is. I'm bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband will love this! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice one,my hubby would lov these

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Debbi - thanks for linking back to my post. I love your version!! I'll have to look for those preserves the next time I go to Costco (which is like twice a week).

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete