Friday, May 28, 2010

Maple Glazed Pork Loin






I like things sweet. A lot of my recipes have a nice sweet sauce.

This was a nice sweet maple glaze for this pork loin. Everyone loved it. Even the 8 year old who never tries anything new, wanted to try it and he loved it! Yeah!

I like when that happens.





So this marinated in my frig for several hours and then I stuck it in the oven and after about 25 minutes I poured a bit more of the marinade over it and then cooked it for another 25 minutes. I still had some left in the bag, I wish I would have been smart enough to put it on the stove to cook it and thicken it and use as a sauce.

That would have been tasty.
Still, there was enough glaze on it to make it nice and sweet. Yum.


This is my submission to Flashback Friday over at Kitchen Bouquet! This reminds me of something that my mom would have made many years ago!

This is also linked with Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home and Foodie Fridays at Designs by Gollum!

I also hopped today at Blog Hop Friday and New Friend Friday! There are a lot of these hops and I don't do too many but these are from blogs that I really like so check them out! (not to insult the other blogs! :-)


Maple Glazed Pork Loin

1 pork loin (mine was about 1 1/2 lbs. I think)
1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, melted
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup brown sugar

Place the roast in a big plastic resealable bag. In a small bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients and pour into bag and seal. Turn to coat, refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 375. Place the roast onto a foil lined pan and pour about 1/3 of the marinade over it. Cook for about 25 minutes and then pour about 1/3 of the marinade over the top again. Cook for about 25 - 30 more minutes or until temperature is at least 160.

Total calories - about 1110 (all the glaze wasn't used so I approximated on the glaze)
5 servings = 222 per serving


Maple Glazed Pork Loin + Apple Slaw + Oven Baked French Fries = 473 calorie dinner




Calories calculated from Calorieking.com. Some numbers may be approximate or rounded.

12 comments:

  1. Maple and pork really are such a perfect combination. this looks fantastic. Also I'm so glad you liked the summer squash casserole! I need to remake it so I can get a better picture...it is just that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took out my pork loin from the freezer for dinner tomorrow. This sounds really tasty I will have to give it a try with the other half of my tenderloin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet with meat, but the hubs? Not so much! I love to add apples to pork, but he doesn't like it, so I usually do apples on the side just for me.

    Hope you have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious!!!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. will be trying this looks great

    Here from blog hop friday and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out if you haven't already.
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband loves pork chops can't wait to try this!

    New follower from New Friend Friday- please follow me back at a

    http://helpingunitefatherandson.blogspot.com/

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this recipe and will try it. I've used the maple glaze on salmon so I'm sure it's great on pork. It looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe and have a great weekend, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious! I made pork chops with maple syrup, so good with pork! Will have to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pork is mouthwatering! Looks so tender and juicy and I love a sweet glaze. Thanks for joining in on the flashback! I am trying to watch my calories at the moment so will be checking in on your blog often to get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love maple marinades....you're giving me ideas!!!!!! It looks good

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love pork loin! It's one of my favorite foods. Great recipe! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete