Monday, May 10, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Ginger Peach Glaze


We are big chicken eaters around here. We have yet to get bored of it. It's because you can do so many different things with it! I am constantly on the look out for different ways to make chicken.


This was a super simple grilled chicken with a simple glaze. It was delicious. I do like things sweet too so I thought this was awesome. I did use a sugar free peach jam which tastes great. Tonight we had bone in breasts but of course this would be fine with boneless chicken or pork too.


We ate this with a superb Quinoa with Sundried Tomatoes and Corn. It was seriously awesome.

This is my submission to Tuesday at the Table from All the Small Stuff. Also linked to Tuesday Tastes from Crazy Daisy. Also linked with Tasty Tuesday from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

This is also my first time submission to On The Grill hosted this week by Our Homeschool Home. I homeschool my 3 kids and this is a great blog to visit!




Grilled Chicken with Ginger Peach Glaze

2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. splenda (or sugar)
2 tsp. minced ginger (I use it from a jar)
2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup peach jam or preserves (I used Smuckers Sugar Free)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts (I used 3 bone in breasts)

In a small saucepan, heat the vinegar and sugar over medium heat until the mixture boils and the sugar dissolves. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute. Add the peach jam, whisk the mixture together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, grill the chicken until almost done, about 6 - 8 minutes per side, brush with ginger peach glaze and continue cooking until done.

Total calories = 842 calories

3 chicken breasts = 281 calories
5 oz. Chicken Breast with Ginger Peach Glaze + Quinoa with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Corn = 473 calorie dinner


Calories calculated from Calorieking.com. Some numbers are rounded or approximate.


18 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! We are big chicken fans too. I not a big sweet fan, but I like the sound of this. I can always tone down the jam:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chicken dish at a chain restaurant when in Seattle and when I looked on line it had 1,080 calories. Obviously a delicious dish like this would be much better for my waistline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice recipe. Probably substitute mushrooms for chicken and it may still turn out great. Also, liked ur recipe for Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce too... would love to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found quinoa at Target but it was $10 for a little bag. I am hoping to find something cheaper because I really would like to try it. The ginger peach glaze sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I make chicken, it is always so boring. This sounds like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great glaze with your chicken, it sounds like a great chicken dish! I love the way ginger perks up a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also can never get tired of chicken! I love your version with the glaze. I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring on chicken recipes, Debbi! I love 'em. The glaze looks great with the peach jam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really looks delicious! It's always nice to find a new way to do something as wonderfully versatile as chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice recipe. It really looks delicious. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Ginger peach glaze YUMO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat tons of chicken too! I love all the flavors in this glaze! Looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That glaze sells the chicken/ Ginger and peach are bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! We eat a lot of chicken too - but this is different from anything we've tried! Thanks for the idea,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM!! We are HUGE chicken eaters at our house too!! I'd love to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH YUMMY! This looks so good! We better give it a try! I am so glad you linked to Tuesday Tastes! I just put the People's Choice Award poll up on my sidebar, when you have a chance, come vote!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
    www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks delicious. We love chicken and ginger so this will be a great one for us to try.

    Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to On the Grill. I'm so glad you did and that I found your blog. I can't wait to discover more of your great recipes.

    ReplyDelete