Monday, May 3, 2010

Chicken Egg Salad Sandwiches

We've discussed this before. My lack of control when it comes to chicken salad. I opted to forgo the sides and just eat 2 of these babies. They were good.

This is a fairly simple basic chicken salad. I often add fruit and other flavorings but was in the mood for something simple and this did the trick. I used the Arnold Select Sandwich Thins today but I often put this on a whole wheat tortilla too. So you can have a sandwich or a wrap!

Check out my tasty array of chicken salad recipes. I plan to increase this category a lot over the summer! This is my favorite! But looking at all the pictures, I so want to eat them all!

Chicken Egg Salad Sandwiches

2 cups chopped cooked chicken, about 10 oz.
1/4 cup mayo, light
1 egg, hard cooked and diced
3 tbsp. celery, chopped
2 tbsp. onion, minced

1/4 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
5 - 100 calories Arnold Selects Sandwich Thins

Combine chopped chicken, mayo, egg, celery, salt and pepper. Mix well. Spread about 1/3 cup chicken salad on a 100 calorie sandwich thin or a 100 calorie whole wheat tortilla with lettuce.

Total calories = 1543 calories
5 sandwiches = 309 calories per sandwich or wrap

2 Chicken Egg Salad Sandwiches = 618 calorie dinner

Calories calculated from Some numbers are rounded and approximate.


  1. This looks so yummy and I see that the curry powder gives it that yellowish tinge. I you visit me at Ladybug Creek you'll see that my posting is about the turmeric in the curry and there is even a recipe for chicken salad.. since you seem to be a collector.
    I'll be back!
    Ladybug Creek

  2. Debbie,
    I love chicken salad too....I think I would have had two of them myself.

  3. You are to chicken salad what I am to pulled pork. It's an obsession. This looks really delicious! I can see why one just wasn't enough.

  4. There is nothing like a good chicken and egg salad sandiwch. I use egg in tuna salad too.

  5. Absolutely delicious Dinner and flavourfully healthy too, thanxx a ton lods of being part of the giveaway!!!
    Stay tuned for the winner and all the best:-)))

  6. Hi Debbi,
    Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my Tuesday recipe. Your sandwich recipe looks delish, can't wait to give it a try.


  7. I love chicken salad and this ones sounds great with the egg. Don't think I've ever combined the two but will now!

  8. My mom sent home some chicken salad for my husband - I never knew he liked it so much! Turns out if I don't like it, I usually don't make it! I kind of get creeped out by the mayo!

  9. You and my husband should have a chicken salad showdown. For real. He loves chicken salad as much as you do. His latest thing is putting golden raisins and poppy seeds in it. i think he should try sunflower seeds next.

  10. I love the flavors you've combined here. I love both salads but have never combined them. This sounds wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

  11. Yum yum yum!! I love playing with all kinds of ingredients in chicken salad - I loooove red grape halves and capers. This is such a versatile dish, I want some right now!!

    Visiting from Tuesday Tastes!

  12. Terrific chicken salad with egg & curry powder! I love those sandwich thins!

  13. What a tasty looking sandwich!

  14. Happy Tuesday! I make chicken salad all the time but I've never added egg to it. I'll have to try it next time!

  15. This is so unique with egg in it! I like the spice and flavors in it - sounds like a tasty combo!

  16. i bought canned chicken for the first time ever. i hope it's good. i'd love to make this but i keep forgetting to buy mayo. i love mayo to death so why do i keep forgetting it? i also stocked up on wheat tortillas from costco....3 packs of 10 for like $4?! so cheap! i hope they freeze well cause i threw some in the freezer. i appreciate the nutrition content on them and have determined to use them more. they really are good with everything.

  17. My dad love chicken salad and my hubby egg salad - I guess we can have both! Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Tastes! I love having you! If you get a chance, come back and use the poll in the side bar to cast your vote for the People's Choice Award!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy