Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits

Wow.

We were all super impressed by these biscuits. I was skeptical because they didn't have any butter. How good can they be without a ton of butter?

But they were good. Very good. Like smacking each other in the hand to get the last one kind of good. Really.

My pans are less than impressive but they do the job.





They came together really quick and baked up fast. We'll for sure be making these again.

Soon.

This is linked with No Whine Wednesday over at Food on the Table!  Check it out for some fantastic recipes!





Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits
Adapted from Lauries Food Files

2 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk, 1%
2/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning

Mix all ingredients together. Spray a pan with cooking spray and place a drop on the pan. Like a spoonful maybe? I didn't make them too big as I didn't want any issues with the middle not getting done. Bake at 400 for about 12 - 14 minutes or until just starting to brown on top.

Total calories = 1394
18 muffins - 77 calories per muffin

I THINK there were 18 muffins. Seriously, they were grabbed immediately so I lost count. I ate 3 of these guys for dinner. Oh, they were GOOD!




Calories calculated from Calorieking.com. Some numbers are rounded and approximate.


13 comments:

  1. They sound good. I will have to give these a try if they are so good that you fight over the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make one very similar to this and you are right, they are divine. I add a little bit of fresh rosemary for something a little different. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These remind me of the biscuits they serve at Red Lobster. I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound really good--I like the cheddar-garlic combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I also make a similar one with chili powder in it. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound like the Red Lobster biscuits! But much healthier. Love that they have no butter. If I had Bisquick I would go make them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love getting new visitors!

    These sound similar to those biscuits at Red Lobster...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with this no butter business. Reeni's right. These look like those fabulous Red Lobster biscuits of heaven. Minus the cardiac arrest and atherosclerosis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love biscuits. I love bread period, but biscuits are one of the easiest things to make. I love these. I want them right now. I'm sad I didn't see this last night or I would have made them to along with the beans and rice. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing with no butter! They look so delicious with that cheese and garlic. This I will be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I make one similar and we love it! :D

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny! I made something similar on Sunday only mine had butter!! They look delicious without. I am going to have to try your version. Way to go on cutting the calories!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally yummy! I can't wait to check out your recipes. Thanks for stopping by Goodeness Gracious!

    ReplyDelete