Friday, May 28, 2010

Almond Joy Amish Friendship Bread



Round 2 of the Amish Friendship bread. Round 1 went really fast.

I actually chuckle when I call this "bread". I mean really, look at this. (look up). This is cake. Delicious, chocolaty, crunchy, sweet, moist cake. Not bread.
I found a website with a ton of different versions of this bread. They all sound fantastic. I can't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Suzy's blog recommended the Almond Joy version. This sounded fantastic! The only things that I missed from her version was the cocoa and the espresso powder. I didn't have any espresso powder and I just plain forgot the cocoa powder. I wish I had remembered because it needed a bit more of a chocolate boost.

But it was good. SOOOOOOOO good!






I also overcooked mine a bit. I do that. A lot. It was still good. Just a little harder around the edges and the coconut got a bit brown on the top.

My next round will be made right before I go on vacation. Though I have many idea's and thoughts for what kind to make, I haven't decided. I guess I have 10 days to decide.

Coconut is the Monthly Mystery Ingredient for the challenge over at Our Krazy Kitchen! Check out all the awesome coconut recipes over there!
This is also my submission to Ultimate Recipe Swap from Life As Mom!  Topic this week is NUTS!
This is submitted to Amish Bread Recipes at Susie QT Pies!
Ingredient Spotlight: Coconut at Eat at Home


Almond Joy Amish Friendship Bread
Adapted from Kitchen Bouquet

About a cup of starter mix
3 eggs
1 cup of oil
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups flour
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup slivered almonds
Topping:
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup whole almonds

Mix all bread ingredients together thoroughly. Spray 2 muffin loafs with cooking spray and sprinkle with a bit of sugar to coat. Divide batter between both pans. Mix topping together in a small bowl, sprinkle both with toppings. Bake for about an hour at 325.



18 comments:

  1. LOL! I have a tendency to overcook also sometimes; it's OK, it's still good. It looks delicious to me, but then I love all the ingredients! Almond Joy is my absolute favorite candy bar and if it weren't for the calories, I'd have one every day! This I must try, I just have to get the starter going. Thanks! Yum, yum, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing bread! It looks so good with all the almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overcook all the time! I just call it caramelizing. This looks fantastic, and I just so happen to have some starter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Friday Blog Hop. I've been looking through your posts and everything looks SO good! I am now following. Hope you will stop by my blog and follow when you get a chance :) Have a great weekend!

    http://julia-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie!

    Thanks for visiting today!

    Be glad you have a year to go! lol..

    I'm following you so feel free to follow back if you'd like!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! For me it would be a good thing it takes 10 days between batches. I could eat this whole loaf by myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks divine! Love your finishing touches. You did me proud :-) I agree with you..that is cake if I ever saw one hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That looks so good.

    I have an award for you, so stop by Lemons to Lemonade when you can.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating with my eyes, this looks fabulous. I love how this is shared too. Thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so great! I think I'll make it next time my guys are asking for something sweet (which is all the time). Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! I hope you'll link this up at Our Krazy Kitchen... http://thekrazykitchen.blogspot.com/
    for this months mystery ingredient challenge, recipes containing coconut :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to stop coming over here with these too, too good recipes. I am trying to lose weight.

    What about a watercress recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. But if you call it bread then you get to eat it for breakfast and lunch! This one looks even better than the last...which was hard to top. Where are you going on vacation??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of making it like this. This sounds sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, my! This looks divine! I haven't made Amish Friendship Bread in a while. Love your variation!

    ReplyDelete