Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sweet Asian Chicken Salad Wraps



My love for chicken salad is strong. I have had long, deep, meaningful discussions about chicken salad. And not just once. It comes up in conversations often. It makes me happy. And I'm all about being happy.





I really loved the texture of this chicken salad. Between the crunch of the peanuts and the celery and the sweet juiciness of the oranges, it was fantastic.

I ate a lot. I ate 2 of these. They were that good.

My motto:

Be happy. Make chicken salad.






Sweet Asian Chicken Salad Wraps
Adapted from $5 Dinners

2 cups shredded chicken, cooked (about 10 oz)
1/2 cup light mayo
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. juice from mandarin oranges
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped (about 2 oz)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 - 8 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
Salt and pepper
Lettuce
6 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortilla wraps

Boil chicken until done and shred. Make asian dressing by whisking together mayo, soy sauce, juice, garlic powder and ground ginger. In large bowl toss shredded chicken, oranges, peanuts, celery with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Total calories = 1960
6 - slightly heaping 1/2 cup servings = 327 calories per wrap
2 Sweet Asian Chicken Salad Wraps = 654 calorie dinner



Calories calculated from Calorieking.com. Some numbers are rounded or approximate.


8 comments:

  1. You're funny! I'm glad chicken salad makes you happy:-) This one looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your motto. I just recently found out that I like grapes in my chicken salad. I will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a chicken salad fanatic as well. I'll have to give this one a go soon and see if it's up to his standards. I love the idea of he mandarin oranges to add some moisture to the wrap. Num num num.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful, but as soon as I saw the word peanut you had me. I love the crunch they add to salads and entrees. Your salad looks wonderful. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and will be making it! Mandarin oranges taste so delicious with chicken. I will be getting some whole wheat tortilla wraps right away! Great wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tasty wrap - the chicken salad looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had chicken salad that I really LOVED before. But then again, I've never had anything like this either. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! You're creative in the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete