Monday, April 12, 2010

Spicy Turkey Burgers



Not the prettiest burgers but boy do these babies pack a punch! They had some serious flavor going on! I bought a bunch of ground turkey and made several batches of burgers, meatloaf, taco meat, the works all in one day. These came out of the freezer tonight so they did have time to marinate.


I like sauce. I always need some kind of sauce with my food. Regular ketchup and mustard wasn't going to work for these burgers so I mixed up some spicy sour cream to put on mine. I use half light sour cream and half salsa and mix it together. It went really good.


Spicy Turkey Burgers
Adapted from Allrecipes


1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger (I used from a jar)
1 1/2 green chile peppers, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. pepper
2 1/2 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 dash worcestershire sauce


Combine everything and form into 6 burger patties. Cook on stovetop or grill until done. They are quite moist, I made mine in a pan on the stove and they held together fine.


Total calories = 1139 calories
6 burgers = 190 calories per burger patty


1 Spicy Turkey Burger + 100 calorie Arnold Selects Sandwich Thin + salsa sour cream + garlic zucchini + 1/4 cup baked beans = 478 calorie dinner



Calories calculate from calorieking.com. Some numbers are rounded and approximate.

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought of putting sour cream on my turkey burgers, thanks for the tip! Don't worry about the picture, these sound absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burgers sound so yummy with all those flavors! Love the sour cream and salsa on top.

    I had a bit of a hard time finding poppy seeds - I finally found some at my Natural Foods/health food store. You can also check in the baking aisle and with the herbs and spices. If you can't find them I would be glad to send you some - just let me know. For 1.50 I bought a huge container full. More than I need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burger sounds terrific and I am loving the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious, Debbi! Love the cumin and ground mustard in it. Also a super idea to use sour cream and salsa on top!

    ReplyDelete