Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cranberry Roast in the Slow Cooker





I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love my crockpot. Stephanie, the most amazing slow cooker artist in the world has time and time again helped to gain even more love and appreciation for my crock pot.


Dinner was practically done at 9 am. And it was seriously simple. I just nuked some baked potatoes and quick cooked some green beans (which I didn't feel like eating) and dinner was done.


The meat was delicious. It had just the right amount of sweetness. You don't have to be a cranberry fan to like this. I don't like canned cranberries at all but this was excellent.






Cranberry Roast
Adapted from A Year Of Slow Cooking
3 lbs. beef chuck roast
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 - 16 oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce

Trim whatever excess fat you can off the roast. Put chuck roast in crock pot, mine was partially frozen. Add onion, soy sauce and cranberry sauce. Cover and cook for 7 - 9 hours.

I'm still not exactly sure how to calculate beef roast accurately for caloriesthe meat and a lot of the sauce flavored the meat but was not all used so I don't have an exact calorie count for this. I had a moderate size meat portion and a small baked potato with light sour cream so I feel this was a very decent and healthy meal.

This is linked with:
Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to answer your question... I did not glaze the swedish apple cake with anything, didn't have time...but it was still great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore cranberries any way I can get em! This dish looks delicious. Gotta love that crockpot!

    ReplyDelete