Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry with Sesame Sauce




Tonights planned dinner didn't work out. I didn't have the ingredients that I thought I did. Whoops!

I did however, have a bunch of veggies in the refrigerater just calling out "stir fry" to me when I pondered what was for dinner. It was either that or Pizza Hut. Thank goodness stir fry won!

So I chopped up what I had, made my favorite stir fry sauce and we were good to go. I made rice for the husband but didn't need any myself, it was fine just the way it was.




I usually love to put sugar snap peas in my stir fry but didn't have any today. I also meant to chop a carrot but that got left behind in the frig at some point. The husband added after that it needed water chestnuts, I had them, I just didn't think of them. Maybe next time.

It really was too nice outside to chop vegetables so I did it as fast as possible and dinner turned out great.





Chicken Stir Fry with Sesame Sauce

1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into bite size chunks
1 1/2 lbs. broccoli
1 zucchini
1 yellow summer squash
1 red pepper
1 1/2 onions
3 green onions

Sauce:
3/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. garlic, pressed
3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup splenda
1 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. red pepper

Chop all the veggies into bite sized chunks. Brown the chicken in a pan with a bit of cooking spray. Add onions and red pepper, cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add the rest of the veggies and the sauce and cook until veggies are done and sauce is thickened, about 6 - 8 minutes.

Total calories = 1662
4 huge servings = 416 calorie dinner

Chicken Stir Fry with Sesame Sauce = 416 calorie dinner



Calories calculated by calorieking.com. Some numbers are approximate or rounded.


5 comments:

  1. If you go to an Italian specialty shop or restaurant, they might sell it to you. I've never seen pasta dough sold in sheets in a regular store. You can roll it out with a rolling pin though, it's a little harder to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great healthy dinner. I had to check out the sauce! My husband would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something my whole family would love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the beauty of stir fry though? You can make it with just about anything you have on hand. Delicious and super colorful! (Taste the rainbow.)

    I noticed your comment on Ashlee's blog about the pasta dough. I know a lot of people use Chinese egg roll wrappers to make ravioli, which is kind of the cheater's way to do it but they are sold in supermarkets, usually near the tofu. And make life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete