Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slow Cooker Boneless Honey BBQ Ribs



Have I mentioned how much I love my crock pot? Chuck it in the slow cooker before we leave and then we're gone all day and come home to a delicious smelling house. Zap some quick sides and voila! Dinner is done. *sigh*

I know the pork ribs aren't the healthiest of meat and when you smother them with tasty sweetness, it doesn't help on the calories but oh, they were GOOD! I couldn't help but add more of the incredible sauce to the meat.
For leftovers, I smashed them up, added a bit more barbecue sauce and some veggies and and ate the on a tortilla. Of course.

Honey BBQ Ribs
1/2 cup beef broth
3 tbsp. honey mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup honey barbeque sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 lbs. boneless country style pork ribs

Place ribs in crock pot. Mix everything else in a bowl and dump over the ribs. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until ribs are done and tender.

It's hard to tell how many calories are in this. We don't use all of the liquid, most of it just marinates the meat in the crockpot. Plus, a lot of the fat melts away into the liquid. Suffice it to say this was more than 500 calories but considering I hadn't eaten since breakfast, I think we were okay.

5 oz. Honey BBQ ribs + 1 small baked potato with sour cream + 1/2 cup corn = More than 500 calories but quite tasty.

3 comments:

  1. I'm suppose to be watching my calories and you are trying to do me in :-). These look and sound wonderful. I love ribs of all kinds but I have a special weakness for country-style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ribs in the slow cooker. The sauce sounds really good, I might have to make a stop at the grocery store to pick up a package of ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been way too long since I had tasty ribs...yours look great.

    ReplyDelete