Monday, March 29, 2010

Shredded Beef Master Recipe

I found this recipe in a magazine several years ago and I have made it many, many times. It's so easy and versatile. Oh, and delicious. Wait for a beef roast to go on sale, crock pot and shred it and use the meat for 2 separate meals. I failed to take a picture of just the meat but here is what I make with my shredded beef.

Shredded Beef, Bean and Corn Fajitas. These can be made many different ways, with different spices, spicy, mild, whatever works for you.




...and BBQ Beef and Bean Sandwiches. Not so pretty but super simple and very tasty. So nice to have the option of either of these meals when you don't feel like cooking.











Shredded Beef Master Recipe

3 1/2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast
2 large onions, cut into chunks
2 cloves garlic
1 can beef broth
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Put roast and everything else in crockpot. Cover and cook on low overnight or for like 10 hours on low. Remove beef and shred. Add onion back to beef and enough juice to moisten. Divide into 2 containers for 2 meals.



2 comments:

  1. I would love for you to link this to Crock Pot Wednesday. There's a giveaway going on during April, so come check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic! I love mexican. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete