Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Carrot Marshmallow Project



Be careful what you ask for.

Joanne asked for unique carrot creations. She dared imply that the 5, wait, no 10 lb. gigantic bulk bag of carrots in my frig would grow mold. *gasp* How on earth did she know!?

I wouldn't exactly call this a recipe, unless you call it a recipe for fun or a recipe with extreme imagination. This recipe calls for carrot sticks, pretzels, mini marshmallows and 5 children with extreme imaginations. We did this while the 3 babies napped. I feared carrot sticks up noses or marshmallows stuck in ears if the younger ones were awake.

We've done the marshmallow project with pretzels many times. Today, because of Joanne, I included the carrot, less they grow mold and go to waste.



Jacob's raging bonfire.





Danielle's alien spaceship.





Mattea's fluffy heart, flower blanket.




John's campfire.





Jory's volcano with acid lava rocks.






I so loved hearing all of their descriptions of their projects. In the end, they were eaten. The marshmallows first of course.


2 comments:

  1. that's so cute!! That might be a fun project for the kids that I work with!! :)

    I love descriptions too... they always come up with the best stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! What a fun project, especially the part about hearing their explanations :)

    ReplyDelete