Friday, February 5, 2010

Southwestern Chicken Wraps



This is a quick and easy meal. Very quick. I totally cheated and used "chicken". That's what we call the frozen precooked bagged chicken. It's interesting because it is 110 calories for 3 oz. Yet real chicken breast, cooked is about 140 calories for 3 oz.

Hmmm...

So the "chicken" has water and broth filler which makes it less calories per ounce. So while it IS real chicken, we call it "chicken". I don't get it too often but if I can get it for a decent price, it does make for a quick meal.

I also used a packet of fajita seasoning. Using Penzey's Fajita Spice or making your own really is tastier but like I said, we were going for quick and easy tonight. I love how you can just put this together whenever and it stays in the frig until ready to eat. Nice.

I would have loved to top this with avocado and tomato but I didn't have any avocado and the tomatoes were fuzzy. Gross!






Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps


Cooking spray
1 1/2 lbs. chicken (I used precooked strips tonight)
3/4 cup fat free ranch dressing
1 pkg. fajita seasoning mix
1/2 cup light mayo
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
2 tbsp. green onion, chopped
10 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas, toasted
Optional toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, sour cream, cheese


Cook chicken in cooking spray until browned. Combine ranch, mayo and seasoning mix. Add chicken, celery, peppers and onion. Toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours. Spread generous 1/2 cup of chicken mixture over toasted tortilla. Top with additional toppings as desired.


Total calories = 2640 calories
10 - 1/2 cup servings = 264 calories per wrap
Add calories for optional toppings


1 Southwestern Chicken Wrap and 1 - 100 calorie bag of popcorn = 364 calorie dinner

Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

3 comments:

  1. I've never had "chicken" before but the wraps look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at last a use for fajita seasoning...that'll add some punch to my chicken wraps this summer

    ReplyDelete