Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries



These were like dessert. Seriously. The recipe called for 1 tbsp. of brown sugar which I subbed for the Splenda Brown sugar. I forgot that you only need half as much of the Splenda brown sugar but I added the whole tablespoon and these were SWEET!!! And good! I totally could have eaten the whole batch of these. I did however limit myself to my third. They didn't crisp up like regular fries but who cares, they were delicious anyways.


We also had a Tomato Basil flavored pork loin that I found buried in the freezer. I love those flavored pork loins, they are super simple to throw in the oven and they are very low calorie.


Sweet Potato Fries

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips (I had 1 lb)
Cooking spray
1 tbsp. brown sugar 
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Salt and pepper

Cut sweet potato into thin strips, I cut them about the size of shoestring french fries. Place all the sweet potato strips into a bowl and add a few shots of cooking spray, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss well. Lay the strips in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 25 - 35 minutes, turning once after about 15 minutes. Baking time will depend on how thick the strips are and how crispy you want them.

Total calories = 450
3 servings = 150 calories per serving

Tomato basil pork loin + sweet potato fries + Italian Zucchini = 472 calorie dinner

Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.



No comments:

Post a Comment