Monday, January 11, 2010

Slow Cooker Cheesy Garlic Chicken

This was another new recipe for me. It was interesting. Interesting good, I'll make it again. I think I got this from The Cooking Light cookbook that a friend gave me. It's a fantastic way to get some extra veggies in for the day. I found it surprising that the cauliflower disappeared completely. Like, if you hate caulflower, you would never even know it was in here. And I even added twice as much as the original recipe called for! I also added way more green beans that it called for, I put in what it told me and then deemed that it needed to be more green and put some more in. I did put all my changes in the recipe below so it is the way I made it. Then I wasn't sure if it was going to be saucy or not so I steamed some broccoli to go along with it. There wasn't a ton of extra sauce but I did mix the broccoli in with the cheesy sauce. I also sprinkled garlic powder over the top. I like garlic. :-) This was also a lot of food. I'm completely stuffed.

Cheesy Garlic Chicken

1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
3 cups cauliflower florets
4 cloves of garlic, or 2 big tbsp. minced garlic
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups frozen cut green beans
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped roma tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut chicken into small pieces. In crock pot, combine chicken, cauliflower, garlic, broth, tapioca and salt. Cover and cook on low for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours. Turn to high heat, add green beans to cooker. Cook for 30 minutes more. Turn cooker to warm, stir in cream cheese and mozzarella cheese until melted. Add tomatoes.

Total calories = 1480
4 servings = 370 per serving

1 serving cheesy garlic chicken + 1 cup broccoli + 1/2 cup blackberries = 455 calorie dinner


Calories calculated from, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

No comments:

Post a Comment