Friday, January 8, 2010

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork

I've used several pulled pork recipes but I got this one from Joanne at Eats Well with Others. The spices were a delicious combination though I did go heavy on some of them as we like our food well spiced and my meat was larger than hers. So easy to come home to a fantastic slow cooker meal!

 It's not the prettiest of pictures but it was delicious and I can't wait to have another sandwich for lunch! Or maybe on a salad? Or on a baked potato?  Hmmm...

Crockpot pulled pork

2 lb. pork tenderloin
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix spices all together and rub on tenderloin, let marinate overnight. Place meat in the crockpot with the water, onion and hot sauce and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours. Shred with fork. Stir, add barbeque sauce and let cook for another 1/2 hour or so to mix flavors.

I estimated the pork at about 200 calories for 3 oz.
So one sandwich with an Arnold Selects Sandwich Thin is about 300 calories

Pulled pork sandwich + 2 servings Squash Bake = 502 calories

Calories calculated from, some numbers are rounded and approximate.


  1. Hmm... we have some pork chops hanging out in the freezer and they may have to turn into this next week. The Man loves anything with barbecue sauce. I imagine if I take it off the bone and shred it when I put the sauce in it would still turn out okay. Hmm....

  2. hehehe... that's a funny story!! I am dairy free I can assure you on that!! :) Very cute, made me laugh!!