Monday, January 18, 2010

Chipotle Bean Burritos




I'm putting this recipe up on the top of my favorites. This is SO delicious and SO quick and easy. There aren't that many ingredients and it comes together super fast. I opted for tomatoes, green onions, avocado and sour cream on my burrito. It was perfect. One burrito is quite filling. I had the second one about an hour after my first, just because they were so nummy! The flavor of the chipotle chile powder is wonderful, it was more flavorful than spicy, just the right amount of spice for me.



Chipotle Bean Burritos
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chipotle chile powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup water
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 tbsp. salsa
2 tbsp. cilantro (optional)
7 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas, toasted

Optional toppings: cheese, tomato, lettuce, green onions, avocado, sour cream

Heat pan with cooking spray and saute garlic for 1 minute. Stir in chile powder and salt, cook for 30 seconds while gradually stirring in 1/3 cup water and beans, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, remove from heat, stir in salsa. Partially mash bean mixture with fork or back of spoon. Toast tortillas, scoop about 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of tortilla. Top with desired toppings.

Total calories without toppings = 1495
7 burritos without toppings = 214 per burrito

2 Chipotle Bean Burritos with toppings = 508 calorie dinner
Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds really good and easy to make. It's a nice "I don't want to cook" meal to make. Anything with beans gets a thumbs up from me, thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy and super healthy- I'm looking into P90X and this would be a good dinner item. Thanks for sharing. Please join me today for Tasty Traditions a new recipe meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of chipotle chili powder. What a great idea rather than opening the whole can and having nothing to do with the rest of the chipotle chilis. This looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is easy, and sounds delicious. Even my kids will love it! I think we'll do this one for MM next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking this to My Meatless Mondays because it gives me the opportunity to feature it tomorrow. This is a bean lover's dream. Check us out tomorrow and see how you shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbi, I am featuring this great recipe on my Wednesday and wanderings! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete