Thursday, January 7, 2010

Butternut Squash & Apple Bake




Here is an amazing side dish that I make over and over. I have cut the butter and sugar quite a bit and it's still amazing. This tasted fantastic! It was sweet and buttery and did I mention sweet? Yum!! The original recipe called for 1/2 tsp. mace which I didn't have so I just used cinnamon and allspice. Worked great for me!



Butternut Squash & Apple Bake

1 medium butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lbs), peeled and cut into 3/4 in. slices
2 medium apples, peeled and cut into wedges
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. molasses
1 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. butter melted (or Earth Balance)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I just put a few sprinkles)
Pinch of allspice

Arrange squash in a 2 qt. baking dish. Top with apple wedges. Combine the remaining ingredients, spoon over apples. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes or until tender.



No comments:

Post a Comment