Friday, January 1, 2010

Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter



This is my favorite way to eat broccoli. It's so simple and super delicious. I buy 3 lb. bags of broccoli florets at Costco so we eat broccoli a lot around here. It just seems to go with everything! Of course, peanut butter chocolate brownie bites go well with everything too.


Broccoli with Ginger-Orange Butter

3/4 lb fresh broccoli florets
1 tbsp. orange marmalade, low sugar
1 tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, light
1/2 tsp. cider vinegar
1/8 tsp. ground ginger

Steam broccoli in pan with about 1/3 cup water. Simmer for about 5 - 8 minutes until crisp tender. In a small bowl, combine marmalade, butter, vinegar and ginger and microwave for about 30 seconds until butter is melted. Drain broccoli if needed and drizzle with butter mixture.


Total calories = 190
3 servings = 64 calories per serving


2 chicken breasts + 1/2 cup au gratin potatoes + 1/3 orange broccoli = 504 calorie dinner





Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

1 comment:

  1. I love broccoli any way I can get it. If I'm uninspired I just roast it with some cooking spray, salt and pepper until its crisp and delicious. I really like the ginger-orange butter idea though. Have to try it!

    ReplyDelete