Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Turkey Cordon Bleu Crisp



I still have plenty of turkey leftovers to use up. I saw this recipe and knew it would be perfect. I got to use up some leftover ham too. Yea! This was good. I think I got the recipe off the Rachael Ray site or something, it said to serve with maple syrup but I didn't think it needed that at all. It was very tasty as it was, maybe a bit more salt and pepper though. I used colby jack cheese as it was what I had but I like the idea of the swiss cheese, I would use the swiss next time for sure.




Turkey Cordon Bleu Crisp

Cooking spray
1 onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
4 oz. sliced ham, chopped
About 7 oz. of bread, 8 slices of 55 calorie Wonder whole wheat
2 tbsp. butter
3 oz. Swiss cheese, cut into slivers
2 cups cooked turkey (10 oz)
1 cup egg beaters (or 3 eggs)
1 ¼ cup milk, 1 %
Maple syrup, for serving

Cook onion in cooking spray for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add ham and cook for about 2 minutes more. Quarter about ½ the bread and arrange in an 8 in. square baking dish. Layer the turkey, cheese and onion-ham mixture on top. Cut the remaining bread into ¾ in. cubes. Melt the 2 tbsp. butter in microwave, add the cubed bread and toss. Arrange evenly on top of the casserole. In the same bowl, mix eggs, milk and ¼ tsp. salt. Pour over casserole, then let stand for 20 minutes. Bake until set in the center, about 45 minutes, cover with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent the top from browning too much. Let stand for 10 minutes, serve with the syrup.




Total calories = 1786
4 huge servings = 447 per serving

Turkey Cordon Bleu Crisp + grapes + carrots = 497 calorie dinner




Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

No comments:

Post a Comment