Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip



This snack was like dessert!! Only healthy and with vegetables! I did get some weird looks for eating sweet pumpkin dip with cauliflower and broccoli but oh man was it good.

This was a fantastic snack.

It reminded me of pumpkin cheesecake and who wouldn't love to eat pumpkin cheesecake for a snack! I got this recipe from a cooking light cookbook that I got from a friend. It called for 1/2 cup brown sugar but I subbed that for 1/4 cup brown sugar splenda blend and cut 25 calories per 2 tbsp off of it. Nice. The brown sugar splenda blend IS expensive but you only need 1/2 the amount compared to regular brown sugar.

This is linked with Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As Mom!  Check her out for some more fall recipes!
Also linked with Ingredient Spotlight: Pumkin at Eat at Home
Also linked with Simply Sweet Homes Sweet Thursday: Fall Sweets 


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip

6 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 cup brown sugar splenda
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended. Add syrup and cinnamon, beat until smooth. Cover and chill. Yield, 1 1/2 cups

Serving size 2 tbsp. = 55 calories per serving


Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.


1 comment:

  1. Okay, I was really wondering about this when I saw the veggies. I thought maybe it would be a savory dip (hummus like?). I'd probably drag animal crackers or graham crackers through this dip instead of veggies. I'm healthy that way ;-)

    ReplyDelete