Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Chicken, Bacon and Cheese Wraps


This is a crazy combination of ingredients and it's definitely not one of the lighter meals that I prepare. The teriyaki sauce and ranch dressing are excellent together to create this scrumptious sauce for these chicken wraps. Bacon of course, goes with anything.


I got the idea for this recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking, she really has some amazing ideas and I love, love, love my slow cooker. I don't know what she did with the chicken but I put it on a tortilla. (I know, we put everything on tortillas). It makes a mighty tasty wrap.

This is linked with Two For Tuesdays over at Girlichef and a bunch of other awesome bloggers!! 




Chicken, Bacon and Cheese Wraps


cooking spray
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon

1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing, light
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Colby jack

2 green onions
8 - 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Put the chicken in the crock. In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and the ranch dressing. Pour sauce over the top of the chicken. Stir sauce around the chicken. Add the shredded cheese and the crumbled bacon to the crock, getting between the chicken pieces, if you can. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 or until chicken is done. Before serving, I squish the chicken so you get more sauce all over it and stir it around. Cut up the green onion at the end or on top of your wrap. It looks pretty and tastes good too!




Total calories = 2690

8 - slightly rounded 1/2 cup servings = 336 calories per wrap


1 chicken, bacon and cheese wrap + side salad + apple = 466 calorie dinner



Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.


6 comments:

  1. Deb- I honestly can't imagine what the combo of ranch and teryaki tastes like, in fact, my brain is starting to hurt, thinking about it ;) But hey, if there's bacon involved, it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debs, this sounds sweet and sassy! I adore bacon in anything as butter said as well! Thanks for linking to the two for tuesday blog hop. Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some teriaki lovers and some ranch lovers in my house - this could be the meal that combines them into one group! Thanks for linking this to Two for Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the bacon...and yeah, I can't imagine the ranch/teriyaki combo, either...but I'd be willilng to give it a go ;-) Thanks for sharing with Two for Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything with bacon in it attracts my attention. These wraps look very tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These wraps look and sound delicious. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete