Friday, November 27, 2009

Zesty Adobo Chicken Salad Wraps




Isn't that pretty! This is a gorgeous chicken salad that tastes heavenly! I have several chicken salad recipes that I make but this is my favorite. The flavors all blend together and work perfectly.

You could certainly make this a bit lighter. You could use fat free mayo and not as much of the fiesta corn. All I had was the light mayonnaise and I LOVE lots of the corn in the salad so I put a lot.

I've also used this as an appetizer and put the chicken salad in the baked tortilla scoops.



Zesty Adobo Chicken Salad
3 cups shredded chicken (14 oz)
1/2 Cup light mayonnaise
1 Cup left over sweet fiesta corn or a mexican canned corn
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon Adobo sauce
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
6 - 100 calorie 8 in. whole wheat tortillas
Lettuce

1. Combine first 8 ingredients into a large bowl until combined. Spread onto tortillas with lettuce.

Total calories with tortillas = 1839
6 - slightly heaping 1/2 cup servings = 307 calories
1 serving chicken salad with tortilla = 307 calorie dinner *

* Enjoy a side dish with your tortilla or eat a light lunch and eat a second tortilla wrap for dinner, for a total of 614 calories and leave super full and happy.



Calories calculated from Calorieking.com, some numbers are rounded and approximate.

8 comments:

  1. Another winning recipe. I love all the flavors here, so I know these are going to be delish!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adobo sauce. Your chicken salad wraps sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing. La

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbi,

    I really appreciate how you try to prepare healthy, fresh, delicious meals to share. These tortilla-chicken roll-ups are all of that and perfect for hot August days too. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds tasty!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I have a "go to" chicken salad recipe, but this looks like it's worth trying.

    ReplyDelete